Monday, March 19, 2007

Flea Market Finds

Because we are in temporary housing (for only one more week!), my flea market finds are limited...to things that are small. I've been buying mismatched or onesie candlesticks and plates to make cake plates out of. I will probably have way too many of them very soon but I hope to one day sell them in a booth or shop I have... Mike just looks at me and says do you really need another plate? Yes! And the compotes are for our wedding, they will either be holding flowers or sugared fruit. Not sure yet but I'm collecting them...I'm up to 4 or 5.We also saw this ottoman/coffee table. Mike liked it and so did I...but I was not ready to commit to the color or pattern. I know I can recover it, but do I really want to?I think he's just desperate to get rid of our iron and marble coffee table. It was one of our first auction purchases in SC. At first glance it was wonderful and so me, at second glance it had a chip in the marble and a surface that was well worn. When the light hits the top of it you can see all sorts of smudges, etc. I like to think it has history but he's really not buying it, that's where our decorating differences are - he doesn't appreciate used as much as I do! Anyone have any suggestions for restoring marble? We tried a cleaner from Lowe's but it did not work. I received a quote to refinish it professionally and it was far more than what I paid for it! I'm afraid this table might end up as an outdoor table...Anyway, that's what was found at the flea markets!

No comments: