Monday, March 19, 2007

Bunnykins at the Long Beach Flea Market

I so rarely have experiences of seeing an antique from my childhood that sparks any memories. Yes, if I saw orange velour couches or a wagon wheel coffee table, maybe, but you so rarely see those (thank goodness!) I'm not sure where my love of vintage comes from but it certainly was not my upbringing. Our house was decorated in the late 70's and stayed that way, my Mom just wasn't into it, maybe her complete lack of wanting to decorate inspired me to need to!

Well, I'm moving through the Long Beach Flea Market at a rather fast pace (when I see it, I know it...I don't need to look at every last item) and there it was....I had that bowl! I can't say I remember eating out of it but I know that bowl sat in the back of our cupboard until at least my teen years, and I was the youngest of three. I specifically remember the little bunnies hopping around the edge of the bowl. I picked it up and the vendor wanted $75 for it! Wow. I've looked on ebay and they actually go for about $10...wishful thinking by the vendor. I wonder where that Bunnykins bowl is now and if my Mom still might have it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It really depends on the design that is on the bowl. Some of them are worth $10 or less, as you saw on ebay, but some of the rarer patterns can go for hundreds and hundreds of dollars.