Monday, March 19, 2007

A "Real" Job...

Well, my love of all things vintage and shabby needs to be put on hold temporarily while I go make some "real" money in the "real" world. I'm trying to be optimistic but I'm picturing myself in a cubicle with a headset on wanting to explode. I'm trying to find a job still in the home decor industry but it's proving to be harder than I thought it would be. I even applied for a position at Anthropologie! I refuse to work weekends so I don't think that's going to work out, but you never know, right? The perfect mix would be a full time job and a booth on the side...sounds like a lot but I really want to keep going with the booth and try to gain traction out here on the West Coast. I still see a need for all my beautiful wholesale finds and I truly think it would be a success. I'm posting some pics of my booth in all it's glory to cheer myself up and hopefully you too!
This is the beautiful sideboard I painted and restored, I loved how worn the mirror on this was, I hope the woman that bought it is enjoying it in her home.

A broader view of the booth back in September. Mike thought I was crazy for buying a picnic table and then painting it green. It was the first piece of furniture I sold, everyone loves a green picnic table! :)
Well, I'm back to my job search, wish me luck on finding something that will fulfill my creative needs yet bring in some $$!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.