Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Little Green Cottage and the Rose Bowl!


We have relocated from the east coast to the west coast, we went from being a 1/4 mile from the Atlantic to a 1/4 mile to the Pacific. Crazy how that works out. I'm anxiously awaiting moving into the darling little cottage we found, should be within the next two weeks. For now we are in a corporate apartment and are really missing our own couch! Can't wait to start decorating the little cottage and it's wonderful front porch!

We went to the Rose Bowl flea market on Sunday - I've heard and seen so much of it (thank you Rachel Ashwell) that I just had to go. I wouldn't say I was disappointed but I was hoping for better pricing and more unique furniture.

I had a realization while there - Cottage is the new Country....yes, the Americana rust red furniture and dried fruit wreaths have been replaced with white wash furniture and fresh pastel wreaths of greens and whites. Country has somehow morphed into the next big thing - cottage. I once thought I was original with my love of vintage and romantic pastels, am I now just another girl with that look? The good news - I can find things I love in Target and dare I saw Wal-Mart (eeek!...I try not to shop there...but if I see a glass cannister for $2.50, I must buy it!) What once was a very specific look is now everywhere and I'm not sure how I feel about it.

This weekend is the Long Beach flea market - I've heard the pricing is better than the Rose Bowl (where I only purchased 2 glass compotes and 1 dish) so I hope to find some goodies!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your *cottage* is charming! I look forward to seeing pictures of that wonderful porch once you move in!
Come visit my blog, if you have time, and enter my "Think Sping" drawing!
http://journals.aol.com/hwoodred/everyday-cookies/

Carrie said...

That little cottage is adorable... I'm so jealous! :) You are going to have SO much fun decorating!!!! We're supposed to have a hot summer but you shouldn't notice it so much since you're at the beach :) Did I mention that I'm green with envy? ;) Have fun at the swap!!! I *may* go if I can drag myself out of bed!!